Breaking News- Dr. Aylward Traveled to China and his findings are here:
He stated his team of WHO, NIH, CDC have returned from China and answered numerous questions from various members of the press- a formal report will be published shortly of the team and their joint statement about the Covid-19 and Coronavirus outbreak.
Takeaways from the live news conference with Dr. Bruce Aylward in his own word:
- This coronavirus disease should be taken seriously.
- Symptoms from those who carry it are not sneezing like flu and colds. Symptoms when present are dry cough and fever, “This is not an upper respiratory disease”.
- Dr. Aylward explains that Covid-19 is being managed well within China and they are equipped to treat it, what he did say is the rest of the world probably is not and should be proactive TODAY.
- Looking at the data available he seems to deny that asymptomatic transmission is prevalent.
- Unlike Flu and Common colds where children are often carriers, the data does not show that Coronavirus is being propagated to the general population through children to their parents.
- He was questioned why he was not wearing a mask, he stated he was not near any “hot” areas nor in any contact with infected people.
- Exponential growth he did acknowledge is occurring
- The Chinese have a rapid response task force to address this. People are being organized and involved and cooperating.
- The disease is spreading around the world.
- Oral vaccines is being worked on, but no results so far
- The team will be publishing a formal report with consensus of 25 people separate and independent from WHO and others.
- This remains a developing situation and dynamic disease and semi-defined, with daily changes possible.
- Immediate responses to finding people infected is crucial and China is attempting to get people under health care within 3 days.
- “Are we ready” answer is NO. The virus is coming. Countries worldwide must be prepared.