Reporter Sharyl Attkisson took to Twitter last night with some important and still unanswered questions that CBS News gave the White House.
Here are the questions she listed on her twitter feed:
- What time was Ambassador’s Stevens’ body recovered, what are the known details surrounding his disappearance and death including where he/his body was taken/found/transported and by whom?
- Who made the decision not to convene the Counterterrorism Security Group (CSG) the night of the Benghazi attacks?
- We understand that convening the CSG a protocol under Presidential directive (“NSPD-46”). Is that true? If not, please explain..
- …. if so, why was the protocol not followed?
- Is the Administration revising the applicable Presidential directive? If so, please explain.
- Who is/are the official(s) responsible for removing reference to al-Qaeda from the original CIA notes?
- Was the President aware of Gen. Petraeus’ potential problems prior to Thurs., Nov. 8, 2012?
- And What was the earliest that any White House official was aware? Please provide details
- What is your response to the President stating that on Sept. 12, he called 911 a terrorist attack, in light of his CBS interview on that date in which he answered that it was too early to know whether it was a terrorist attack?
- Is anyone being held accountable for having no resources close enough to reach this high-threat area within 8+ hours on Sept. 11
- and has the Administration taken steps to have resources available sooner in case of emergency in the future?
- Chmn of Jt Chiefs Dempsey testified that troops in the region were put on higher alert status after the 9/11/12 attacks…he said he wasn’t sure how long the higher alert status could be maintained. He didn’t address the alleged lack of certain aircraft atmajor US naval base very close to Libya.
- A Benghazi victim’s family member stated that Mrs. Clinton told him she would find and arrest whoever made the anti-Islam videoIs this accurate? If so, what was Mrs. Clinton’s understanding at the time of what would be the grounds for arrest?
- If true, what is the Administration’s view regarding other videos or future material that it may wish were not published, but are legal?
- White House still will not respond to our request for any White House photos taken Benghazi night.
- Admin. still hasn’t provided Benghazi surveillance video originally promised for public release around last Thanksgiving.
- Admin. hasn’t provided accounting of Benghazi survivors or the transcripts of their interviews done shortly after the attacks.
- At a press conference 11/14/12, President Obama stated that his Admin. has provided all info regarding “what happened in Benghazi.” No agency has provided documents responsive to our Freedom of Info (FOI) requests on Benghazi. We’ve asked the NSA, State Dept, Defense Intelligence Agency, CIA.
- So far, not one piece of paper generated by these public agencies on Benghazi night is deemed a document the public is entitled to see.
Attkisson went on to slam the Obama administration for not cooperating with FOI requests, pointing out that it sets a bad precedent for any administration regardless of party. You can see all of Atkisson’s tweets over at the PJ Tattler.
Though Benghazi is largely gone from the headlines, but it remains the biggest scandal of the Obama administration. It is unconscionable that the media would simply drop such an important story.
Many thanks to real reporters like Sharyl Attkisson for continuing to ask the tough questions.