The world is in turmoil, folks. After weeks of missiles and bombs being shot back and forth across the border between Israel and Gaza, Israel has decided to send in ground troops.
From the Jerusalem Post:
After days of waiting and deliberation, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Thursday night directed the IDF to send ground troops into Gaza to strike the terror tunnels into Israel.
Signalling that the initial phase of the ground attack will be limited, a statement put out by the Prime Minister’s Office said that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon Netanyahu directed the IDF to prepare to expand the ground operation.
The statement said that the security cabinet approved the operation after Israel agreed to the Egyptian cease-fire proposal on Tuesday, which Hamas rejected. In addition, the statement said, Hamas even fired rockets during the Thursday’s five-hour humanitarian cease-fire.
“In light of Hamas’ continuous criminal aggression, and the dangerous infiltration into Israeli territory, Israel is obligated to act in defense of its citizens,” the statement said.
This can’t be welcomed news to Hamas terrorists. Not only are they not able to get many rockets through Israel’s “Iron Dome”, now they face ground combat for which they’re likely not ready.
Hey, remember when Obama recently said that "The World Is Less Violent Than It Has Ever Been"? Yeah, not so much.
BREAKING: Passenger plane carrying 295 people shot down over Ukraine; UPDATE: Ukraine official confirms it was shot down
No one is sure of the details just yet but apparently a Malaysian passenger plane carrying 295 people has been shot down over Ukraine. Early speculation is that Russia was involved.
A Malaysian passenger plane with 295 people on board has been shot down as it flew above eastern Ukraine, according to aviation sources.
The plane, which is believed to have been flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, was travelling at an altitude of 10km (6.2 miles) when it was shot down, the Russian news agency Inferfax reported.
A spokesman for Malaysian Airlines confirmed “an incident” involving one of its flights and is expected to release a statement shortly.
The aircraft involved is believed to be a Boeing 777 with flight number MH17, which departed from Amsterdam at 12.14am local time.
Sky’s Katie Stallard, in Moscow, said media reports suggest the plane came down in an area where there has been recent heavy fighting amid continuing tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
We will obviously have more as details come to light.
Please be in prayer for the families of those involved.
UPDATE from CBS Washington:
An adviser to Ukraine’s Interior Minister says a Malaysian passenger plane carrying 295 people has been shot down over a town in the east of the country.
Anton Gerashenko says on his Facebook page the Boeing 777 plane was flying at an altitude of 10,000 meters (33,000 feet) when it was hit Thursday by a missile fired from a Buk launcher.
The plane was flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur before it went down, according to Reuters.
Interfax reports that the Ukrainian Interior Ministry says that everyone on board was killed.
Last week we wrote about how the Obama administration is allowing illegals to fly on commercial airlines without even having a valid form of ID. Now, we’ve learned that many illegal aliens are also not receiving health screenings for infectious diseases before being allowed to fly.
The federal government is so overwhelmed by the current tide of migrants crossing the border it can’t provide basic medical screening to all of the children before transporting them – often by air – to longer-term holding facilities across the country, ABC News has learned.
The director of refugee health in the federal Health and Human Services Department “has identified a breakdown of the medical screening processes at the Nogales, Arizona, facility,” according to an internal Department of Defense memo reviewed by ABC News. The “breakdown” a systemic failure of the handoff of these children between CBP and HHS.
Inside the government, officials are sounding alarms, fearing that they and their teams who come in contact with the sick children face potential exposure to infectious diseases from chicken pox to influenza, including rare cases of H1N1, more commonly called swine flu.
Two unaccompanied children were flown from Nogales to California despite having 101-degree fevers and flu-like symptoms, according to the Department of Defense memo. Those children had to be hospitalized.
The memo said pointedly that officials in charge of moving the immigrants from Border Patrol processing centers to Health and Human Services facilities are “putting sick [fevers and coughing] unaccompanied children on airplanes inbound for [Naval Base Ventura County] in addition to the chicken pox and coxsackie virus cases.”
The document said three other kids were in the ICU at local hospitals in California, and two of them were diagnosed with strep pneumonia.
Less than a week later, that same Ventura Naval Base suffered an outbreak of pneumonia and influenza among the unaccompanied minors inside the shelter.
“Preliminary reports indicate that several unaccompanied minors in the shelter had become ill with what appears to be pneumonia and influenza,” according to a statement from the Administration for Children and Families at Health and Human Services.
The border crisis grows more and more grave every day. If the Obama administration doesn’t quickly secure the border and turning people away before they enter the country, we are likely to face a major health epidemic. Simply by enforcing laws already on the books, the Obama administration could end this crisis within days. There is no reason why illegals are being allowed to cross the border before they are stopped by border patrol.
Why is Detroit’s crime rate declining? According to its police chief, it’s because there are more lawful gun owners in the city than there used to be.
While most of the media’s reporting on this is spent giving anecdotes about how dangerous citizens with guns are, they eventually get to the actual data…
From an unbelieving Detroit News:
Detroit has experienced 37 percent fewer robberies in 2014 than during the same period last year, 22 percent fewer break-ins of businesses and homes, and 30 percent fewer carjackings. Craig attributed the drop to better police work and criminals being reluctant to prey on citizens who may be carrying guns.
“Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon,” said Craig, who has repeatedly said he believes armed citizens deter crime. “I don’t want to take away from the good work our investigators are doing, but I think part of the drop in crime, and robberies in particular, is because criminals are thinking twice that citizens could be armed.
“I can’t say what specific percentage is caused by this, but there’s no question in my mind it has had an effect,” Craig said.
Craig made national news in January, when he told The Detroit News he believed armed citizens deter crime — an unusual stance for an urban police chief. In May, the chief was featured in an NRA publication, America’s 1st Freedom, in a cover story titled “A Show of Courage in Detroit,” in which Craig reiterated his support for citizens using guns to protect themselves.
The article goes on to mention that the studies are mixed and complicated and that most police chiefs around the country disagree with Chief Craig.
But not only do the statistics agree with him, the vast majority of police officers do too. Simply put, guns save lives. Whenever you hear people advocating for more gun control, they’re actually advocating for more violence, they just don’t know it.
Liberal Democrat Martin O’Malley is totes in favor of amnesty and what not, he just doesn’t want any of those immigrants in his state. And wait ‘til you hear his flimsy and insulting excuse for not wanting them there.
Martin O’Malley says that deporting the children detained at the border would be sending them to “certain death” — but he also urged the White House not to send them to a facility in his own state.
Hours after the Maryland governor and prospective 2016 presidential candidate became the most prominent Democrat to criticize the White House on the issue, Domestic Policy Director Cecilia Muñoz called O’Malley to complain.
But before they hung up, O’Malley told Muñoz not to send any of the children to the facility in Westminster, Md., that the White House was looking at. It’s a conservative part of the state, he warned. The children were at risk of getting harassed, or worse, he said.
Read the Rest (Don’t. It’s Obama-loving Politico)
Are you getting that? He says he doesn’t want the immigrants in his state because he’s afraid that those (implied — evil, white, backward) conservatives will be mean to them.
He praises foreign felons while insulting law-abiding, tax-paying American citizens who are residents of his own state. Nice.
Border Patrol agents had Pedro Alberto Monterroso-Navas in custody, but they released him with a “permiso,” a notice to appear at immigration proceedings that thousands of illegal immigrants have been treating like a “free pass” to enter the US. Soon after his release, Monterroso-Navas bludgeoned his girlfriend to death in a bathtub.
An illegal immigrant who was released by U.S. authorities with a Notice to Appear has been arrested for the alleged murder of a woman and kidnapping of children on U.S. soil. The alleged crimes occurred after the man was released.
The man, Pedro Alberto Monterroso-Navas, entered the U.S. illegally with children and turned himself in to U.S. Border Patrol agents. He was processed and released, as are all illegal immigrants who come as unaccompanied minors or incomplete family units from Central America. The alien is from Honduras.
The arrest was first reported by the Associated Press (AP), but Breitbart Texas has exclusively confirmed that the man was part of the Obama Administration’s catch and release policy for family groups from Central America.
A U.S. Border Patrol source who spoke with Breitbart Texas on the condition of anonymity provided Breitbart Texas with the alien registration number for the man, and the event number for the man’s apprehension. He was processed in the McAllen station of the U.S. Border Patrol. The alien’s registration number is 202027386. The event number for his apprehension is MCS14061487. The “MCS” designates the McAllen station, the “1406” designates that the man was apprehended in June of 2014. A separate Border Patrol source confirmed that the man was apprehended on June 26, 2014 with two children he claimed were his own. He told U.S. authorities he had family in Metairie, Louisiana.
Every day gang members and violent criminals like this dirtbag are streaming over our southern border. And that’s not all…authorities are increasingly concerned that radical Islamist terrorists are using the porous southern border as an entry point into the US.
The Obama administration’s illegal catch and release immigration policy puts lives and the security of our nation at risk.
Here we go again. Yet another Obama official has been caught violating the Hatch Act, which prohibits White House cabinet officials from engaging in campaign activities.
from LA Times:
Rep. Darrell Issa released a recording Wednesday that his office said supported allegations of illegal fundraising activity by Los Angeles County Supervisor-elect Hilda Solis when she served as U.S. Secretary of Labor.
Issa (R-Vista), whose House Oversight and Government Reform Committee obtained the audio as part of an ongoing probe of political activities by Obama administration employees, played the recording during a hearing in Washington.
A White House spokesman said later Wednesday that the recording relates to an “ongoing law enforcement investigation”—the first time the administration publicly acknowledged the existence of such an inquiry or that it is ongoing. The Times reported in January that the FBI had investigated Solis’ activities in connection with a 2012 Los Angeles fundraiser at La Fonda restaurant for President Obama’s reelection campaign.
The message was left on the employee’s government-issued BlackBerry, according to a letter sent to Solis last year by the Office of Special Counsel, an independent agency that investigates allegations of administrative violations of fundraising rules by federal officials.
In the recording, from March 2012, the speaker identifies herself as Hilda Solis and says, “Just calling you off-the-record here. Wanted to ask you if you could, um, help us get folks organized to come to a fundraiser that we’re doing for Organizing for America for Obama campaign on Friday at La Fonda at 6 p.m.”
She goes on to say, “There are a lot of folks that we know that are coming, but wanted to ask you if you might help contribute or get other folks to help out.”
Solis appeared as a speaker at the La Fonda event. Two sources familiar with the probe who spoke on the condition of anonymity due to the sensitivity of the matter said Wednesday that investigators also are examining allegations that Solis asked at least two other subordinates to help organize and stage the fundraiser.
Here’s the voicemail audio:
So, not only was Solis herself engaging in illegal campaign activity. She was getting her subordinates at the Labor Department involved as well. Why does this matter? Because she gets her paycheck from you, the taxpayer. She is not elected. She is not accountable to you the taxpayer, yet she took time away from her job and other employees away from their jobs and used that time to campaign for Obama. You paid for it all.
It shouldn’t come as any surprise that yet another person in the Obama administration has been caught in illegal campaign activities. After all, campaigning is all Obama knows how to do.
Apparently the representatives at the National Organization for Women don’t understand how the Constitution works. They’re suggesting that Obama bypass the Supreme Court with an executive order.
From Life News (H/T: WZ):
The abortion activists at the National Organization for Women are none too happy with the Supreme Court’s decision protecting Hobby Lobby from being forced to pay for abortion-causing drugs for their employees and they want President Barack Obama to do something about it.
In an email LifeNews.com received, NOW calls on Obama to sign an executive order to essentially overturn the decision. The email ignores how Hobby Lobby already covers 16 kinds of contraceptives but refuses to support abortion-causing drugs.
“We’re asking President Obama to issue an executive order ensuring that all federal contractors who provide a group insurance plan comply with the contraceptive mandate in the Affordable Care Act. We want the president to make crystal clear that the U.S. government will not do business with those who discriminate against women. Make no mistake — withholding basic health care like birth control from women is gender bigotry,” the pro-abortion group claims.
So, apparently NOW not only thinks that the President has the ability to write laws like a dictator, but also that the President can magically enforce a law that was just ruled unconstitutional by the Supreme Court. This amount of ignorance is truly staggering.
So much for “hope and change.” A solemn Joe Biden admitted today to a crowd at the “Generation Progress” conference that the change Obama promised in 2008 didn’t happen.
Here’s the video:
Look folks, this is within our power to change. Everybody says because we tried in ‘08 and it didn’t happen, it’s not possible. Wrong. We’ve gone through these periods before… But folks, this is totally within our power. Change. Change for the better is absolutely possible and I believe it’s close to inevitable, if you’re the drivers of it.
Generation Progress is an annual gathering of young progressives in Washington DC. Hot topics at this year’s gathering included gun control, government subsidized birth control, gay marriage, and climate change.