Here at Poor Richard’s News, we love our commenting community. We encourage the spirited exchange of ideas. However, please know that profanity and personal attacks on the writers of this blog as well as other commenters are simply not tolerated. We have no use for such things around here. Failure to adhere to these very basic rules will result in being permanently banned from the discussion.
Any comments that fall within the following categories will most likely be flagged for moderation and deleted:
- Profanity. If you can’t figure out how to say what you want to say without profanity, it probably doesn’t belong here. If you simply must use profanity, please self censor by using characters like ***** or @#$%. We’re all smart enough to figure out what you’re trying to say.
- Pornographic language and toilet humor. Poor Richard’s News is intended to be a family-friendly website, and graphic sexual language will always be deleted.
- Abusive, ad hominem, mean-spirited attacks. Feel free to disagree and discuss arguments and ideas, but do not attack the writers of this blog or other commenters personally. Comments wishing bodily harm, death, or illness on others will always be deleted. Ad hominem arguments (in which one attacks a speaker to try and disqualify an argument’s validity) are not appreciated.
- Threats. Do not threaten the writers of this blog or other commenters. We will report you to the police.
- COMMENTS IN ALL CAPS. It’s annoying. Don’t do it.
- Off Topic. Unless the article is specifically titled “open thread,” please do your best to stay on topic.
- Shameless self-promotion. This isn’t a forum for you to promote your own blog or product. If you’ve got something you think is of value, email it to us (poorrichardATpoorrichardsnewsDOTcom) and we’ll evaluate if it’s appropriate for our website’s audience.
- Racism. Contrary to the smears from leftists, we are not racists and racism in the comments section will not be tolerated.
- Duplicates. Don’t post the same reply multiple times, even if it’s to different people. If you must reply to more than one person, change it up. Duplicates will be deleted.
- Obvious lies. If you’re spouting thoroughly discredited or easily discredited false information, your post may be deleted.
Failure to adhere to these warnings may also result in you and/or your IP address permanently being banned from commenting. Attempts to work around bans will also be deleted. If you think you have been unfairly banned from commenting, just email us (poorrichardATpoorrichardsnewsDOTcom) and let us know and we’ll consider unlocking your account.
If you see a comment that falls outside these guidelines on our site, please flag it for moderation. The comment may not disappear immediately, but we will get a notification and look it over. Please do not flag comments for moderation simply because you disagree with them; doing this will most likely get you banned from the community, not the other way around.
Any comments containing hyperlinks are automatically flagged for moderation and have to be manually approved before they appear on the site. Please note that hyperlinks from the following websites may not be approved:
- Huffington Post, Daily Kos, Media Matters, Slate, Salon, Rolling Stone, Think Progress, Planned Parenthood, Snopes, Politifact, and other websites with a long, well-documented history of leftist bias. Snopes and Politifact are particularly annoying because they masquerade as “fact check” websites, but have taken to simply promoting one side of political issues. We have no interest in giving these websites our business. If you really value the information one of those sites is promoting, try to find their sources and post a link to that instead. We might occasionally make exceptions (if there’s a story at one source that seems important or relevant to the discussion), but those will be individually evaluated and are not to be expected.
This website is a private enterprise, and Poor Richard’s News reserves the right to delete any comment or ban any commenter for any reason.
- Be polite
- Stay on topic
- Disagree without getting nasty
- Be concise
- Use proper grammar and spelling